The Producers (2005)
The 1st part of this show was a little hard for me to get into. Once I setteled into the characters, I realized I really liked this show! Matthew Broderick's character was too much at first, and then outta nowhere he was HYSTERICAL to me! "FAT! FAT!" I absolutely loved his "I wanna be a Producer" number. So cute. All the girl's were adoable.I couldn't get enough of Will Ferrell and I can't imagine anyone else playing this part. He was wonderul. All of his pigeons cooing with excitement made me laugh so hard! Especially, Adolf the Pigeon. Loved it!
The director's assitant cracked me up. Oh, everything he said was just FUNNY! How he answered the phone, how he called out "Jack's" name for rehersal's. How he would leap from point A to point B. So amusing to me. I liked the director's "crew" when they all came down the stairs. And I was excited to see Jai Rodriguez as Sabu the 1/2 naked server.
I like Uma as Ulla. She was cute. I liked her, "If you got it, Flaunt it" number, and Nathan's reactions to her had me laughing. I so wish i was tall and i had long flawless legs like hers.
I really enjoyed the music and want to get the soundtrack. (Will my 1st paycheck ever come?!) And i decided that I will buy this movie. I liked it, and it's just one of those shows that i want to be able to quote and sing along to. I was surprised cuz I was not expecting to like it THIS much, but I really liked it. CUTE! One of my favorite things about this movie is how it looked like they were true to the play format. They would use there sets as if it was the stage, keeping the camera rolling for one shot. There are a lot of quotes you could hear coming straight from Broadway, and immediately after I would hear a theatre audience chuckling at it. Some of my Favorite quotes:
- "What are you looking at? You've never seen somebody humiliated before?" (Jon Lovitz)
- "STOP THE WORLD! I WANNA GET ON!" (Matthew)
- "I'm not going into the toilet. I'm going into showbusiness!" (Matthew)
- "You're right about one thing. You're a CPA. Certified Public ASSHOLE!" (Matthew) "HURRAY!" (accountants in backround immediately after Matthew insults Lovitz. There is one accountant inparticular that had the funniest expression. I watched it like 5 times!!!)
- "This is not good, I'm not killing anybody!" (Will)
- "Darling, quick! Back in the Closet!" (Director to assitant)
- "Somebody else's life is flashing before my eyes...What the hell is that about?! I'm not a Hillbilly. I grew up in the Bronx!" (Nathan)
- "Don't forget to buy Mein Kamf in paperback. Available near you at Border's Books or Barnes and Noble UND Amazon.com" (Will whispering at the end of his song during credits)
Of course there are many more quotes, and MANY funny things, but those ones really had me going. Funny!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home