A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

My family has been super excited to see this. I went along for their excitement, Tom Hanks, and for a peak at some artwork. It was pretty good. The story line held my attention, and there were parts that were super stressful. My mom LOVED it, and was one of my family members that enjoyed the book. (I bet your dad has seen this and read the book. I can see him really liking it. Did he?)
Tom Hanks is so cool. When I watch his movies I wonder if there are actually people out there that don't like him... seriously, is that possible? Who couldn't love him? Watching his movies have a familiar comfort to me.
The main girl is Audrey Tautou and is so cute! I haven't seen her in anything before since she's done mostly foreign films. You might have seen her in one of your french movies. She is so cute, and I found myself wishing to be French.
Seeing all the French sites, artwork in the Louvre (the scenes were actually filmed inside), and cute little cars (I don't know why I have such an obsession with tiny European cars) made me want to pick up and move to Europe tonight. One day.... One day...


Audrey: It's a cryptex. Da Vinci's design. Sauniere made me one for my birthday once.
Tom: My grandfather got me a wagon.

Paul Bettany is so creepy in this show. His scenes are quite disturbing and make me never want to watch it again. However, it is a show that you want to see again once you know where it's all headed, being able to make the connections beforehand... but i don't know if i can do it. I just might have to fast forward through his scenes or something. Way too eerie for my taste!
Ian Mckellen is freakin' awesome in this. I just like to watch him and smile. I love him! There is a scene where he's kinda joking around with Tom Hanks. He's talking to Tom through an intercom at the gate of his house and finally says, "You may pass." Lindsey then turns to me and says in her best Gandalf inpersonation, "You shall not pass!" I laughed! SO FUNNY!
Speaking of amusing Lindsey, there is a scene towards the end of the movie that had a perfect "The State" tie in. She whispered the quote that applied so perfectly, and for the next 5 minutes we found ourselves giggling uncontrollably. Oh mann, I never thought I would stop! It's like when you get the giggles in sacrament, and since you can't fully get it all out, they just bubble inside of you. As soon as the credits rolled, Linds and I turned to eachother and laughed and laughed. It was awesome!


Tom: The ancient male symbol was the blade, it's a basic phallus. It's still used today on military uniforms.
Ian: Yes, and the more penises you have, the higher your rank. Boys will be boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home