A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Over the Hedge


Honestly, the first 30 seconds had me laughing so hard that i didn't care how funny the rest of the movie was, i decided i loved it! Yup, right then and there, I loved it!
It's a cute little show, and Bruce is just wonderful in it. His voice fits perfectly with RJ the Racoon. Bruce was on Letterman last week to promote it, and says, "Ya know what RJ stands for? Real Genius". I laughed so hard at that. That joke isn't in the movie, and i thought, "how cute of bruce to share it with us!"
Steve Carell is really cute as Hammy the Squirell. He would also make me laugh quite hard. There is one scene with him imparticular where I thought i was going to die of laughter. So cute! I have tried several approaches to adding a clip, and none would work. BOO! But, if you go here, scroll down and click on "Rabid Squirrel" you can watch a cute clip. It's fun! I wanted to show you the clip that was on Letterman. The online version of the clip has an additional minute or so to it and i thought it gives too much of the plot away. (why would they do that?) I know that doesn't really bother you, so if you want you can watch it by clicking on "The Plan" on that same page. I mean, it doesn't give TOO much away, but you know me, i can't know too much of the show without that making me sad.
I thought it was cute, and i think you'll enjoy it. My advice is check it out if you get the chance.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    Yeah, it's so funny! I LOVE all the sound affects hammy makes while RJ is rubbing the spit all over him. (especially when he spits up the tail! "EEEEEE!") And when RJ is looking through his golf bag, throwing everything out. Hammy has to do this weird split thing to get outta the way of the plunger. so cute!

    I was thinking, you should watch the other clip of "The Plan". Just watch until the turtle says his one-liner. That's all they showed on Letterman, and i was LAUGHING! Then you won't have to see the rest of it if you're afraid of seeing too much.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    Oh, i'm so glad you liked it! I'm the same way where it wasn't Monster's Inc caliber, but i still LOVED it in a weird way. So i was worried that i would build it up too much and you wouldn't like it.

    The opening scene with Bruce trying to get the chips out of the vending machine had me laughing soooo hard! Oh mann, i saw that scene and i decided right then and there that i loved this movie. So cute!

    My FAVORITE part of the movie was when Hammy was all hopped up on caffeine. OH my gosh, i thought i was gonna die of laughter. I loved how you saw it from his perspective, and he was just calmly walking around, enjoying his cookie. So freakin' hillarious! I loved it!

    My mom could not stop laughing at Vern the turtle. She would just laugh and laugh every time he was on, and i thought that was so cute!
    you're the devil.

    Glad to see you liked the movie! I loved it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home