A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shadow of the Vampire

I have wanted to see this movie since i first saw the previews back in 2000. I'm glad that i saw the original Nosferatu Version first, because it made this movie so much better.
It is creepy, but the funniness outshines the creepiness. There were times where i just LAUGHED when i shoulda been distrubed i'm sure. There are a lot of scenes where John Malkovich is saying his directions to the actors. I don't know why, but this has always been amusing to hear someone tell an actor how to react. "Okay, now you're looking at the contract, but you're not really reading it, you're just glancing to make him feel better. You don't even care. Now you're thinking of all the live people you will be able to eat, and how hungry you are, yes, yes. You haven't had fresh blood in so long..." Don't know why, but that ALWAYS makes me laugh so hard, and there is A LOT of that in this movie.
I also LOVE the vampire. There are times where you just shutter from his creepiness, and then he does something that makes me laugh. I really liked this movie. Watch it!

(after vampire bites the camera man)

Director: Why him, you monster? Why not the... script girl?

Vampire: Oh. The script girl. I'll eat her later.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Chill said…

    Yeah, i was gonna say that i only had 2 movies out at a time... then i thought, "maybe i'm wrong" and i double checked netflix, and was sad that i really only had the double rotation. (why sad? i knew this.)I then got distracted BSing with linds/ker to come back and find you made a second comment...

    To clarify on this show. Re-reading this i can see how it sounds very rollercoaster like, but it's not. I ment it more that i'm sure it was suppose to be creepy, where as i found it to be amusing to me. The vampire is so kid-like to me. SO FUNNY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home