A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Blazing Saddles

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I'm not the biggest Mel Brooks fan, but everybody talks/raves about this movie so i had to watch it. It's known for being politcally incorrect and adresses racism with humor. I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't the best show ever, but with my expectations being so low, i sure did laugh a lot! In the end i'd have to say that i did enjoy it.
I LOVE the main character, played by Cleavon Little. I have never seen him in anything else before, but the second he came on the screen, i fell in love! He is so cute and funny, and i just had to laugh when he was on the screen. Another Pleasant surprise is that Madeline Kahn, AKA "Mrs. White" from Clue, is in the show. She of course was so adorable in it! I also had no idea that Gene Wilder was in the show, and I was stoked to see that he was!

The best part of the movie BY FAR is the chemistry between Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder. They have the cutest friendship! The thing that woulda made the movie a lot better is if they shared more screen time together. Anytime they were on I was just laughing so hard! There is a scene where Cleavon tells the townsfolk he has an idea on how to slow the bandits down. He starts to whisper it to Gene and Gene just throws his head back and laughs! It was the cutest! Kinda reminded me of how Ryan laughs at Bam. He just thinks he's so funny!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger Chill said…

    yeah, Mel Brooks is kinda hit or miss. I don't like a lot of his stuff, but i of course LOVE "Top Secret". Blazing Saddles i could see myself laughing the more i watch it. Plus, ya can't go wrong with Gene! "Yes, he amuses me too!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home