A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Music Man

So my dear friend Anna Sanders came over last night and we watched the 2003 TV version of "The Music Man". I had never seen any version of this, and looked forward to seeing Matthew Broderick in it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kristin Chenoweth was also in it, and i found her ADORABLE as she she portrayed Marion the Librian.
So I don't know if you have seen this or not, but I LOVED IT! I already had the attachment to the characters because of Matthew and Kristin, so it was easy for me to just jump right on into it. It completely opened up my window for wanting to watch musicals. I got onto Netflix and added a handful of musicals, as if i didn't already have several in my queue already. I kept watching thinking how cute Matthew and Kristin were together, and of course i couldn't help but think of Sarah Jessica since she and Kristin are two short adorable blondes that love musicals. According to imdb, Sarah Jessica was planning to play opposite of Matthew in this, but it ended up not working out.

I am in love with Kristin! I have been looking online for some of her stuff. Listening to her music and such, and i don't know if you remember this, but when i was in LA at the "Acting Recital" a student sang a song called, "Taylor, the Latte Boy" and I LOVED IT! I tried to find it, but never knew what it was from or who sang it. As it turns out, Kristin wrote it, and it is on her album As I Am! I was all excited about it. So now i really want to get that CD, and the soundtrack to Wicked. I know, I know, i'm such a lemming! I'll just follow the crowd and worship it like everyone else. Ah well, I know i'll like it, especially once i see "Rent" I know that i'll want to listen to it for Idina Menzel anyway.

Another reason i LOVED the Music Man, was because both the Simpsons and Family Guy did parodies on it. I love it when that happens! Anyway, i'm sure you've already seen it, but if not, you should check it out. I was highly entertained by it. Also, here is a photo from imdb that i love, but they wouldn't let me save it. But it has all of my favorite people in it. The little lisping redheaded kid is so squeezable and i couldn't help but BUST UP laughing whenever the quartet was on. Love it!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Chill said…

    Oh la la! Yeah, i would love a little copy of Wicked! One day your itunes will be fixed, and on that glorious day i will rejoice for I can listen to the entire album of Avenue Q, instead of just 30 second clips found on itunes, of amazon.com. I look forward to that day! Any progress with it so far?
    Ya know, i had kinda thought earlier when i was watching the Musica Man, that the original would be WAY better, but seeing as how i had nothing to compare it to, i really enjoyed it. I will have to rent the old school one. Especially if little Ron Howard is in it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home