A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Man Who Cried

Shhh....Hush....Hush...
I liked this movie. Not that i will watch it all the time or anything, but I liked it. Who doesn't love a story about a girl moving to France on her own and shacking up with Johnny Depp? Hello! That is the dream!

I loved the connection that Ricci's and Depp's character's shared. They just understood one another, and they didn't need words to express it. I enjoyed the scene where she is at the Gypsy Camp and they are playing music and singing, and they want her to contribute. She turns to Johnny for a little help, but he just looks at her like, "Well? What are you waiting for?" Then once she starts singing he is just INTO her. He can't take his eyes off of her, and there's a part where his mouth opens just a little bit and he looks her up and down! Oh mann, AWESOME!

I also ADORED Cate Blanchett in this movie. I thought it was a film that really caught her beauty on screen. She kinda represented every friend I have had in my life. There was really no particular reason for her to latch on to Ricci the way she did. At first, there were definately alterior motives, but it really blossomed into a friendship and she just took Ricci under her wing and took care of her. The same way i feel like all of you have have been so great to me for no real reason.

Well men! You can't trust them once they've got what they want.

Johnny! Where to I begin with Johnny? I love the shot of Johnny walking Christina home. They are strolling through the streets of Paris, pass a fountain, and he's leading his white horse. I think that is the definition of surreal! I love it! And when Christina first walks out and sees him leaning against the wall fingering the whip! Mann! I had to stop and take a few deep breaths! It was such an unexpected nice thing to see!

Now, onto the best part of the movie: the "Two-Minute" scene. Ummm, you were not kidding about that! That was incredibly hot! My favorite part is when he's, getting it done, clutching the back of the chair doin' his thing. With an extension of his body and POW! He just hits that spot and without realizing it, his body just moans out some foreign word. It just comes out. He doesn't even know it's happening. I think i watched that like 50 gazillion times! Oh mann! It was awesome! Then of course, not too long after they have John Turturro singing. The camera is panning around the set, then goes down the stage where we see Johnny and Christina having a grand ole time! It was one of those things where once the scene was over, i noticed i had stopped breathing and was just into it!

Oh yeah, Great movie!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    mmmm.... gotta love that perfect, ever so tuggable johnny hair! ::licking lips:: LOVE IT!
    Yeah, Christina has been in 3 movies with Johnny! How is that even fair? SHARE THE GOODS GIRL! At least they don't have a lot of screen time in Fear and Loathing together. ha ha! i LOVE when Johnny is trying to get rid of her. Calling the other hotel saying "I want her to be treated gently" He turns around to see her too close to him, he kicks at her and yells, "F- off!" HA HA! That makes me laugh sooooo hard! What did you think of it? I thought it was crazy but hysterical!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home