A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Friday, June 09, 2006

What's Up Doc?

I don't know who he is but I hate him

So I finally rented this and watched the rest of it. If you remember you and Alicia watched it at our house. I came home DEAD that night. I tried to watch it, but found myself falling asleep, which made me sad since it looked cute and you and leesh were laughing lots. So i finally saw it.

Yeah, you know Banister? As in "sliding down the-"?

This show was actually quite annoying to me. I know that it was just the type of show that it was, but it was too "let's try to make it chaotic, but funny chaotic. Look at all these plaid overnight cases! How funny! Who has which one? Look at all this witty banter. Eunice is uptight and controlling, Howard is spineless, Judy is a care free spirit. Let's try and make the dialouge sound super confusing but the audience will know exactly what we're talking about..." blah blah. Pretty irritating to me actually.

What he means is everyone calls me Burnsy

Now, before you think i thought this was the worst show ever, that's not it at all. I loved Barbara in this! I know right now I will not be able to express just HOW much I loved her in this. I can't even believe how pretty and funny she was. Every time she was on, i was just DRAWN to her. Drawn to her hair, clothes, overall style, wit, endearance (is that a word? If not, it should be.) Seriously, when she was on, i forgot about the above mentioned annoyances, and i LOVED the show. How i can be bored and completely entertained at the same time, i'll never know. Barbara makes me wanna watch it over and over until i have memorised every quote, look, and expression. Does that make any sense? Along with Barbara, i LOVED Austin Pendleton (the guy who was awarding the money.) Oh mann, he KILLED me! So freakin' funny! He adored Barbara as much as I! Good for him for seeing her for the fascinating girl she was! I also loved how he pitied Eunice as some crazy/delusional girl. What a cute man!

Don't you dare strike that unbalanced woman!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    How come i can't get the paragraphs to work sometimes? There are suppose to be spaces between the quotes and paragraphs... but it won't let me. Any advice? Why do i have this problem only sometimes? Chelsey flaw or Blogger flaw?

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Chill said…

    1st off- You fixed it! Yea! But since you fixed it, why couldn't i? I think that just conforms I am a loser. BOO! Did it just let you change it or did you have a little trick? Huh, huh?

    2nd off- I think I am a whore... a virgin whore, if that's possible. I remember the day when i was young, hopeful, and obedient thinking, "I will only sleep with my loving husband." Now, I have a list of guys i'd gladly get friendly with...none of them husbands! Let me tell ya too, that list aint short of people that i'd gladly sleep with and have NO regrets. And it's not even talk. I'm not full of it. I'm serious! Honestly, if Ryan was interested, I would have done (dunn) SOOOOO many things to him... and loved it! I'm glad one of us had standards that night... Or am i? Actually no, i'm still saddened by the fact Ry is faithful to his adorable fiance. Why? WHY?

    3rd- I think watching this movie drunk would just make me madder... then i would quickly get over that and start licking the screen when Barbara was on. Yeah, only embarassing things would come from watching this show drunk I think. I think i would slowly go crazy, covering my ears and yelling, "nonsense! It's all nonsense!" However, the chase scene would probably become HYSTERICAL to me. "HA HA! Look! The guy on the banner! ::woosh:: HA HA HA HA! Broke... ha ha ha the glass!"
    Then at the end i would be sent into a drunken range, because i couldn't figure out why someone as cute as barbara would even like that stuffed shirt... then i would quickly get distracted by the bugs bunny cartoon, and then end with, "shhhh! Everyone shut up!" (even if i was watching the show alone) "i love this song!" and continue to sing "You're the Top" with Barb...

    yeah, better not watch this drunk. My review stands. Didn't like it, loved it all at the same time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home