Cheaper By the Dozen 2
Our family watched this last night, and it was cute. I liked the 1st one, but it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me. This one was pretty cute and it made me want to go back and watch the first. It's all the same kids, except for Ashton Kutcher! Hallelujah! That was a little piece of sweetness! (The replacement actor is the same guy that plays the heart throb in "Mean Girls") One of the things I was sad about is some of the kids growing up. There was one boy that was SOOOOOO cute! He was one of the kids helping with the pranks. Always had a beanie on with his dark curly hair poking out underneath. Oh my gosh! Everytime he was on, i just wanted to squeeze him! He's older now, and in that awkward stage. Now he looks like a goofy, fro adorning, Elijah Wood. (Don't worry, you'll be able to pick him out when you see it) Unfortunately Hillary Duff is also in it... and was SUPER annoying. Probably the most annoying i've ever seen her. YUCK! I'm sure you'll be fine with her though.I really looked forward to seeing Carmen in this, and of course, she did not disappoint. Oh mann, How i love her! I liked her character in it. I don't know if you know this, but i also am completely under Bonnie Hunt's spell. Everything she says is sooooo funny to me. Her humor is really quick, and I think you have to pay attention to her because she'll just say these little one liners inbetween all the kids talking. If you don't make the effort to stop and note what she says, you might not hear it. So pay attention to her, and just know that i LAUGHED at EVERYTHING she said. When Carmen and Bonnie were both on the screen, i felt torn and wasn't sure who to watch... so i just watched who was talking... but i was always aware of the other. HA!
The little girl from "Mike's Super Short Show" has a little more of a story line in this show. I think she is so cute too. (She played the girl on "Drake and Josh" that has a mad crush on Drake... ::sigh:: don't we all! So i love and relate to her) It's kinda funny cuz I was always way more excited about the girls in the show instead of drooling over cute Tom Welling... but come on... what guy can compete with Carmen? Honestly.
There is also a cute little critter that lives in the cabin while they are on vacation. He's a little pack rat that hops along inside the house stealing little momentos...so cute! Made me laugh everytime.
I can't help but think of dads, and how difficult it must be to raise daughters into their teenage years and dealing with them dating boys with perverted intentions... blah blah blah. So after the show, I say something to mom about, "How did dad survive raising 4 girls?" My mom says, "Well, you were all different though, cuz you're not like other girls. Sometimes it's like raising boys." and while we're having this conversation Lindsey and Keri were joking around and wrestling on the ground, and then Keri farted and they were laughing and i said, "I see what you mean." It was funny.
I know that Steve Martin isn't your favorite, and i can accept that... actually i can't accept that, so i just try not to think of it so i won't bug you about it. Whenever I see him I think back to him in Roxanne. I grew up on this show, and it just makes me laugh. So, I think you should rent it. I think it's a funny enough movie without Steve Martin that you'll like it. I think I would like it even if I didn't grow up with it... and you'll like the Rookie Fire Fighter in the show, he's cute. Anyway, rent it. You'll like it. (I think)


1 Comments:
At 8:10 PM,
Chill said…
Ha ha! I just can't help but laugh... You're over Hillary's acting, but you can't handle her singing? HA HA HA! Okay Ummm, have you heard her songs? I know, i know, you could easily shoot back with music i listen to, but her music is just truly aweful. If i HAD to choose Hillary acting or singing i'd pick... well death actually. So that's a bad example...
You know, I had no idea Roxanne was inspired by Cyrano de Bergerac ... I haven't seen it yet, and didn't know the main character wooing the lady had a large nose... but I can see the pictures of Gerard Depardieu in the show and it's obviously a big nose... I hate when things don't connect and then i feel dumb. Ah well.
Actually the "thirteen and tweleve 2" doesn't make sense either, because the other family only has 8 kids... but even if they did have more kids, that still wouldn't make sense because they weren't in the 1st movie and the sequel implies they were... Oh well. Maybe they figure no one really cares because Carmen's in it. Like' they're paying attenetion to the title! Yeah, you'll love her in it. So cute. I should probably clarify that she isn't in it a lot. (stupid) but when she is, she is way cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home