A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Playing a little catch up

So here are some of the movies I've watched recently:

Roman Holiday- After watching cute Owen gush over Audrey Hepburn's classic beauty in You, Me and Dupree, I decided to bump it to the top of the list. I have only seen her in My Fair Lady and have wanted to watch her other shows. It took me a bit to watch it, but I really liked it. Of course Audrey is adorable in it, and the idea of lounging around Rome is just... heavenly! ::sigh:: Oh, I TRULY love the thought of it! It was fun though, and I liked how they ended the whole thing. I, of course, was drawn to the 3rd wheel: Gregory Peck's friend is a cutie with a beard. He was amusing to me.




Cyrano de Bergerac- This was a good show. I wish that I spoke french because 1- I could just watch Gérard Depardieu's performance instead of the subtitles, and 2- I bet the poetry in it is brilliant. It's just not quite the same when you have to translate. Christian... TOTALLY bugged me. Even as I write I have a snarl on my face. He just, bugged me. Roxanne was back and forth. At times I liked her and saw her beauty, and other times I was annoyed. I was really liking the movie up until the battle scene. Ummm, HELLO! There is a battle going on and you're talking to Christian in this mine about love? I think he has more important things to deal with besides listening to your 'thoughts' and 'feelings'. Oh mann, SHUT UP! I tried to not let it bother me. Then, Cyrano was backed into a corner and had a beam crush his head in. How dare they??! To make things worse, Cyrano uses his last bit of strength to keep his 10:00 appointment with Roxanne. He's sitting there DYING and she doesn't even look up from her quilting to notice! She never paid him any attention, and that day was no different. Stupid girl! ::Deep breaths:: So while those few things really bothered me, I actually really liked it. (which sounds like a lie after I was so critical about those last things, but I really did like it!) Gérard was just... superb! I know I would enjoy it more if I could focus on his acting. So I knew he was nominated for an Academy Award for this, but I wanted to see who won that year. I just found out it was Anthony Hopkins for Silence of the Lambs... Ummm, I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs, but I really don't see how that performance could beat out Gérard. Now I'm TOTALLY annoyed. I guess I shouldn't judge before I watch SotL, but come on... are you serious with this? LAME!

Talladega Nights- Oh mann! Where do I even begin? Well you know because you saw it too. This show CRACKED me up, and there are so many good lines in it. I loved it the 1st time, but the 2nd time was AWESOME watching it with Daniel. He cracks me up! It's just the genius that IS Will Ferrell. If I could quote the whole movie for you, I would, but since I can't... here are some things that had me laughing pretty hard...

  • When Will is spinning around naked doing the Windmill. (I totally forgot about the "windmill"!)
  • The sportscasters calling Jean, "John"
  • Andy Richter training German Shepherds to make a doggie pyramid
  • When Jean has Will pinned down to the pool table and Will asks for a beer
  • "Hakuna Matata Bitches!"
  • When they chiseld a second knife into Will's leg to "pry" out the first one... I thought I would die of laughter. Who thinks of that?


  • Karen the Cougar- Who later joins the Driver's ed test.
  • "Well I learned nothing about driving, I was mauled by a Cougar, and my Crystal Gayle shirt is ruined"
  • His first interviews and how he has NO IDEA what to do with his hands so he keeps showing them to the camera.
  • "We gave you the missionary position... You're welcome!" (Note... probably my favorite line in the entire movie! SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!)
  • Reilly- "I love you Mann!" Ferrell- "What?" Reilly- "Nevermind"
  • "If you don't like Big red, than F*** you!"
  • "...For your mysterious lady parts"

Oh mann, GREAT show! Not quite up to scale with Anchorman, but what can measure up? I'm sure i'll like it the more I watch it too.

Invincible- Love, Love, LOVE this movie! It was so good! I haven't seen Mark in too much (we'll act like that was an intended pun since he did his CK underwear ads) and I thought he did a great job in this. It's just... ya know... it's a movie about football. Then you throw in the inspiration and the motivation and... it's just freakin' awesome! I really enjoyed it. Elizabeth banks is in it too. She is that cute blonde girl that "likes to do it herself" in The 40-Year Old Virgin. I really liked her in that show, and i just adore her in this one. I will definitely be buying this one when it comes out on DVD. Such a good flick.


1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    Mann, i wrote this thing like a month ago, and am only just now posting it. I got distracted with dinner or something and never did my one or two edits until now. Sorry.

    Sometimes I wonder how you and i ever get anything done with this procrastination bug we have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home