A Swift Flix in the Pants!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

You, Me and Dupree

So Tia, Tim and i went and saw this opening weekend and it was cute. I did enjoy it. How could I not like seeing a new Owen movie? It just gets me right there. (I'm pointing to my heart Carrie... pervert!) I am totally crazy though. Half way through the show (when Michael Douglas and Matt Dillon were on the screen, so I was sorta bored) I just stopped and looked around at the full theatre. I felt very satisfied that Owen would draw such a turn out for his show. He got 1st credit on the movie, and he was a producer! It's happy and sad because I don't like sharing him, but I need to learn to not be so selfish. Then I really felt dumb because it was toward the end of the movie and I had another little moment! Owen did something (I don't even remember what anymore. No doubt it was witty and endearing) and the entire thearte was just roaring with laughter. I had to smile that everyone was LOVING the magnifence that is OWEN!
On Monday morning I was at work listening to X-96 and they were talking about the movie weekend. Saying that Pirates was #1 at the box office (which i figured) then I got all excited because I knew they would mention how You, Me and Dupree was #2... to more HORROR they said how "Little Man" was #2! Did you just gasp in shock?! I did, when i first heard! So Carrie, if for nothing else... go see this movie because the Wayne's Brothers movies should NEVER out box office Owen! Mark my words Carrie... the apocalypse is close... very close!
Oh, FYI- I want to go up to Owen w/ a stick of butter and say, "I'm Mormon"... that should get me some nice action!

There's the sugar.... right there.... oh yeah.... there's the sugar....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Chill said…

    HURRAY! YOU WROTE BACK! (That reminds me of Charolette on Sex and the City when they are at the Yankees game and Carrie gets the foul ball! YOU GOT IT! YOU GOT IT!)

    Oh I'm so glad that you liked it! Did you see it w/ Daniel? Oh... I wanna see this with you and Dan! Those are my favorite Owen movie experiences!

    Yeah, Kate Hudson is a hottie with a body that I can only dream of! Hmmm, i need to utilize my golds membership...

    HA HA! I loved your little Owen-ness comment! I didn't even catch it right away. You're clever.... yes, you're very quick!

    I would never (and never will) voice this, but Owen's... charm (maybe charm is what I will call it,) has differed from his earlier movies. It's very palpable. Ever since... probably Shanghai Knights, it just hasn't quite been the same. I try to ignore that him and Luke are turning Hollywood. (dating their burlesque dancers and such) I feel like a jr. high friend that is like, "you've changed mann". Of course I still love Owen, and I don't think anything could change that. Well, hopefully. I'll still lust after him and see all his movies opening weekend. If anyone asks though... I never felt this way. I love Owen as much as ever!

    But I'm not saying a single word... no, not a single word.

    It is a cute show though. Of course our theatre ROARED with laughted at the Mormon girl part, and I'm jealous cuz I want to be her! I loved when Owen and Kate were all buddy-buddy. Switching the morning paper like a 50 year old couple would do. And I loved the scene when all the guys came over to watch the football game! I thought, "I want that! To come home to the game being on, w/ cute boys everywhere, delicious nachos, and margaritas!" Oh, that would be awesome!

    Oh, and I liked the skateboarding part where Dillon ate it. Oh, that was amusing to me. HA HA. and how all the kids just admired Owen. That was sweet.

    Yeah, I liked this show. The only thing that woulda made me enjoy it more is if you and Daniel watched it with Tim, Tia, and I...and Owen... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home