Tootsie
This was a fun little show. It's nice to watch a movie that you hear so much about, and actually like it. Far too often this is not the case. I liked how they just jumped into him dressing up as Dorothy. They didn't waste anytime with what he would do being out of work. It was Oh, don't you worry about me. I'll find a job! Then the very next scene he's all strutting down the street in a dress. LOVE IT!I love how serious he took the whole thing, and talked about Dorothy like she was a real person. I just wish that Dorothy was prettier. She deserves that. He suddenly was always on the lookout for new fashion trends and new looks for her. Very sweet. He just wanted her to be happy. I liked how it was a total woman empowerment movie too. It just made me feel like, "Yeah, Dude I will never let a guy treat me that way. I am strong, independent, single and fabulous... Exclamation point!
"Jessica Lange was cute in this too I thought. I haven't seen a lot of shows with her, but she was very cute and sweet. She was very beautiful when she was younger.
Of course I was all about Bill Murray in this show. How is he so funny?! Everything he says is just gold! You could tell he was kinda set back with his room mate dressing up in drag for work, but a
t the same it unphased him in a strange way. Toward the end when Teri Garr comes over, both guys are running around the apartment trying to stall Teri from coming in while Dustin gets out of his Dorothy outfit. Bill is yelling all these things to her and says I fell asleep on the couch. I had a dream that you had big teeth, but you were still a nice person. At another part in the show, Dustin is lying to Teri on the phone about why he can't see her that night. Bill asks if he feels the slightest bit guilty for lying to her all the time and adds, I'm just afraid you're gonna burn in Hell for all this. Ha ha! Oh Bill, you always find a way to put things into perspective. I can't really talk about the "friendship" between Dustin and Teri. He was such a jerk to her. (Hit a little to close to home) I did like when she is storming out of the room and Dustin says, Are we still friends? Teri yells back, Are you kidding me? NO! I don't take this shit from friends, just lovers!
All in all I really liked it. Good little flick. I'd recommend it!
Dorothy dancing with Jessica's dad. Fans are congratulating her and admiring her work and you hear someone say:
She's prettier in real life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home